How MBA can add value to your career?
MBA..the perfect road to Value Addition.
A tiny dream in an individual’s mind sparks many hopes and aspirations of building a bright career, and shaping a well-rounded personality. It is about having a qualification which can open the door to numerous thriving career opportunities. This is the dream of many students who feel motivated to shape themselves into better professionals and individuals too.
Amongst many competitive academic programs, a robust MBA program can be a splendid avenue for the students to turns their dreams into a reality and experience professional fulfilment…
According to a research report of the Graduate Management Admissions Council (GMAC), more than 80% of the employers wish to hire recent graduates in 2018.Going by the industry figures, the hiring is strong in the healthcare, finance and capital markets, technology and other strategic specialisations of MBA. This definitely sounds promising against the backdrop of India emerging as a strong economic hub. The growing demand for entrepreneurship and out of the box thinking skills are also other encouraging factors to boost the importance of having a MBA qualification. More importantly, this qualification equips the students to make a strong positive impact in this constantly evolving world…
Understanding the MBA journey:
This term ‘Value addition’ is a thought provoking concept in itself, as it puts us in touch with many interesting facets. If our question is “How does MBA program add value to our career and life? What answer would we get?
Looking at MBA through the lens of ‘value addition’ offers very insightful answers.
The holistic MBA program imparts robust knowledge to be a success in today’s dynamic work environment.
- Value addition through sharpening of the crucial skills:
- Communication skills: Effective communication skills are essential in many professional roles. The MBA program enables the students develop oral and written communication skills through various rigorous study assignments it offers.
b.Strategic thinking: This is one of the most important aspects of the MBA curriculum. This kind of thinking is crucial as it revolves around components such as purpose, vision, goals and action planning. In another way, this thinking helps business managers in setting goals and undertake long term planning. The MBA coursework sharpens the analytical and strategic thinking skills in students.
c.Entrepreneurial skills: This is the ability to spot demand gaps in the market and design products to address the market needs. The MBA curriculum is designed keeping these aspects in mind.
d.Leadership skills: A good leader motivates people around him to work productively, and the MBA program helps the students to shape the leader in them. Most of the MBA programs incorporate team building and role playing activities.
The team building also helps students develop new perspectives on different aspects of work.
- Excellent Networking Skills: Networking is one of the essential skills for entrepreneurs as it involves building and maintaining professional contacts to strengthen the business. Students can acquire these skills during their academic phase itself. A strong network of connections is important for forging the path of career growth.
- Value addition through Career Growth: A well-constructed career is the dream of every student. It involves many components, which can be realised through a MBA degree. This improves the employability quotient of professionals by enabling them to be a perfect fit for the specific job profile. This in turn enhances the earning prospects, besides sharpening workplace skills, thereby helping their career growth.
4 Better Intercultural sensitivity:
As students come to this program from different cultural backgrounds, they get to be aware of various other cultures, learn to appreciate them, and boost their cultural competency.
- Value addition through Personality Development: This sounds interesting, as one needs to think how an academic program can be an enabler of their personality development. Business schools train the students in professional etiquettes, body language, time management and decision making that will turn out to be highly beneficial in business situations in future.
The rigorous curriculum, and various competitions conducted during the program, help the students gain confidence and grow in courage. They learn to come out of their comfort zones, question themselves, learn the big picture thinking and scenario building.
The confidence they gain through these activities is a huge value addition to their personality Acquiring new skills and exploring their hidden talents moulds their personality in a powerful way. Case studies and internship give students the confidence to face challenges with courage and a calm mind while making them better listeners. This in turn enhances their professional image.
The MBA journey is definitely a rewarding one as it chisels students into well rounded professionals. So what are you waiting for? Just plan, grow and thrive with the MBA degree!
Educesta Global Services, one of the renowned education management companies in Bangalore is offering a competitive MBA in Capital Markets program along with Professional Diploma in Capital Markets. This MBA degree is awarded by the University of the West of Scotland.
Through this program, the students can experience the beautiful journey of ‘Value addition’ in their personal and professional lives.
Read our next blog : Why MBA in Capital Market?